A professional tool for identifying DISC personality types
A DISC personality profile makes it easier to understand your predominant personality style and how you instinctively respond to stress. You will also be able to recognise DISC personality types in other people you know or encounter and get some useful tips for adapting the way you communicate with them.
DISC is one of the most highly validated instruments of its kind.Bev James, CEO, The Coaching Academy
Did you know human behaviour has fascinated philosophers for more than 2,000 years?
Initially, the elements of earth, air, fire and water were considered relevant factors by Empedocles (444 B.C.). Then Hippocrates, in 400 B.C. thought the temperature and pace of internal fluids running through an individual’s body influenced their behaviour. This is where we start to see four personality types emerging.
- Direct/dominant – cold and fast moving
- Inspiring/influential – warm or hot fast moving
- Steady/stable – warm and slow moving
- Careful/perfectionist – cold and slow moving
In 1921 Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss Psychologist described four psychological functions; thinking, feeling, sensation and intuition. He then divided them into introverted and extroverted types.
Dr William Marston developed this concept further by grouping people as active or passive. He identified four styles that formed DISC, in his work called ‘The Emotions of Normal People’, published in 1926.
DISC personality types
These are based on four main personality factors and how they interact with each other:
Everyone on the planet shares these traits to different degrees of intensity and there are about 40 different DISC combinations or blends. There is no right or wrong style. When you become aware of your own DISC personality type you can make intentional choices about what you are going to do next and consider new strategies that are driven by your personality.
- We understand that many people are going through a tough time. We are empathetic and will support you in your efforts to overcome your current challenge.
- We offer a free consultation via Zoom that is confidential and without obligation. During this time, we find out about you and what you want to achieve and discuss the most appropriate DISC personality profile for you.
- We take your data seriously and are fully GDPR compliant and registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Our approach is friendly and methodical. We treat our clients as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- We will send you an invitation by email to take a DISC personality assessment. You can use this link wherever you are, provided you have an Internet connection and it takes less than ten minutes to complete.
- We can provide the DISC assessment and profile report in a number of different languages at your request.
- Shortly afterwards, we will send your DISC personality profile report as a PDF to your inbox.
- We are flexible and will do our best to work around your commitments for your 1-2-1 coaching call. We will guide you through your professional report with our DISC expertise, coaching skills and HR experience.
- We provide a free weekly accountability service by email to help you stay focused and on track. This is a good way of keeping in touch with our clients.
- We put our clients at the heart of everything we do and your satisfaction matters to us.
- We are confident that you will find great value in your DISC personality profile report spanning 15 pages. We believe in the product and are happy with the feedback we get from clients. If, in the unlikely event you are unhappy with your report we will refund your full purchase price.
Get a free consultation by calling 020 3633 8726.